COVID GUIDELINES FOR IN PERSON LEARNING
All staff and students must continue to wear face coverings/masks, regardless of vaccination status.
- All school personnel, volunteers, visitors, and students must wear cloth face coverings, or an acceptable alternative (e.g., surgical mask or clear face shield with a drape), at school when indoors.
- Staff who are verified to be fully vaccinated may be indoors without masks when students are not present or expected to be present.
- Gloves and face shields are also provided for employees. See your administrator or designee.
- Everyone has the option to wear a mask which we are encouraging when walking around.
- All staff, students, parents, guardians, and visitors will be required to wear masks during the Open House scheduled at each school building.
- Maintain a physical distance of three feet between students in classroom settings as is reasonably possible. There is flexibility in reducing the distance when desks or tables do not allow for the three feet distance.
CONTINUED COVID GUIDELINES
Continue to utilize the following:
- handwashing, Frequent hand washing is preferred. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- cleaning and disinfecting,
- staying home when sick and seeking evaluation,
- testing as indicated,
- Isolation rooms will still be needed
- Students need to bring their own supplies. No sharing.
Our Custodial Team is routinely cleaning and disinfecting the workplace, especially in those commonly touched surfaces/areas.
Our Health Services Team will continue to monitor COVID testing, symptoms, cases, contact tracing, and quarantining as required by the Department of Health. More information later.
- Quarantine protocols have been updated to reduce student exclusions from instruction.
- In a K-12 indoor classroom, the close contact definition excludes students who were at least three feet away from an infected student when (a) both students were wearing face coverings/masks and (b) other prevention strategies were in place. This exception does not apply to teachers, staff, or other adults in the indoor classroom setting.
Enrollment for the 2021-2022 is OPEN
YVTECH Presentation - Eng presentación De YVTECH - esp
We provide free academic and hands-on College Prep & technical Skills career training to high school students in the Yakima Valley
YV-TECH has served over 18,000 students since its opening and many have gone on to work as owners, operators, managers, supervisors, and superintendents in and around our community.
Our mission is to prepare all students with the skills, knowledge and attitude to successfully advance to the next educational or career level.
8am to 4pm
1120 S. 18th Street
Yakima, WA 98901