- Many scholarships this year have online applications.
- It is critical to print out your Completed application, proof read it carefully.
- Ask someone else to proofread it with you,
- Edit carefully and be sure all of the other documents asked for are included with your application . !!!
Tips for applying for scholarships:
- Complete application, following directions carefully
- Produce well-written application essays
- Order transcripts early and do not open. Order an extra one for yourself.
- Obtain letters of recommendations from people who know you well (not relatives!)
- Submit your applications well before the deadline
- Keep a copy for your records
*Requesting a Letter of Recommendation template: includes directions to students and recommenders for getting meaningful letters of recommendation for applications for schools and scholarships.
*For any students: Register or update your profile at www.theWashboard.org to get timely information about scholarship suited to your needs.
8am to 4pm
1120 S. 18th Street
Yakima, WA 98901